As individual as you are...
…a celebration to remember…
A memorable ceremony is a true reflection of a couple.
Ranging from simple but sincere, formal or slightly left of centre, your friends and family will enjoy being part of a ceremony that is uniquely yours....this is my commitment to you both.
- Provide information and guidance to enable you to choose or compose a marriage ceremony that will meet your needs and expectations
- Respect your privacy and confidentiality
- Provide information on relationship education (a requirement)
- Offer as many opportunities to discuss your ceremony as required
- Confirm all details, ensure the return of all personal documents and sign any necessary declarations
- Conduct a rehearsal
- Dress in a professional manner
- Ensure that the ceremony is audible – I don’t own a PA system but am happy to use one if supplied
- Ensure accuracy in documentation and conduct
- Arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the ceremony
- Ensure that all relevant documents are completed and sent to the appropriate registry within 7 days following the marriage ceremony
- Provide you with a packaged version of your ceremony
I offer an initial first meeting as an opportunity for us to meet and discuss your special day. There is no obligation to proceed.
Should you decide to proceed, we then schedule to meet at least one month prior to the wedding day.
The Notice of Intended Marriage will be completed at this meeting.
You will need to present your birth certificate or passport and some form of photo identification. This information is recorded on the Notice of Intended Marriage.
If you have been married before, you will also need to present your divorce documentation.
At this same meeting which lasts approximately one hour, we will discuss the type of ceremony you are looking for and any other relevant information you want me to know about.
You don’t have to have all the answers at this meeting…I will be just planting seeds for you both to think about….
Finally, a week before the wedding there will be another very quick meeting (most times this is completed at the rehearsal to complete the final piece of documentation).
- There must be at least 2 witnesses who are over the age of 18 and they need to be at the front so as the hear and witness the entire ceremony.
- There needs to be a table available for signing and preferably 2 chairs so that each of you may sit while signing.
- Check local council rules, particularly if the venue is in a park.
- The bride should arrive on time so the guests aren’t kept waiting.
- Plan your positions for the ceremony i.e. not facing the sun.
- Discuss where the most suitable place for the rings is; perhaps with the groomsman.
- You will need a few chairs for aged or pregnant guests BUT the least amount of chairs the better…no one generally wants to sit in a chair unless directed to do so.
- Discuss how you will be arriving – separately or together?
- If you have any children, how would you like them to be involved?
- Will you have the same surname? How would you like to be introduced at the conclusion of the wedding?
- Will the bride be walked down the aisle? If so, by whom?
- What music will you choose and when will you play it?
- Will readings feature in your ceremony?
- Will you require rehearsals?
- Do you have an alternative venue should the weather be inclement?
- How will the bride arrive and where will she walk? Do you need to clear a space for the aisle?
We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
Click on the button below for marriage information and links to relationship advice.
- If you have lost your birth certificate contact Births Deaths and Marriages on the link: http://www.cbs.sa.gov.au/wcm/births-deaths-marriages/
- For more information about getting married in Australia see the Commonwealth Attorney General’s Department: http://www.ag.gov.au/familiesandmarriage/marriage/pages/default.aspx
- If you are thinking about getting married overseas click on the link below:
- If you are thinking about a change of name click on the link below for details: http://cbs.sa.gov.au/assets/files/app_for_cert_07.pdf
- For some wedding reading ideas, click on the link below for special words and quotations: http://www.quotationcafe.com/index.jhtml
- Find more poems and speeches: http://www.hitched.com.au/speeches/poems/poemshome.aspx